Keeping with our addition theme,
here is a "Make Ten!" card game to try...
Use a standard deck of cards - remove all Kings, Queens and Jacks from the deck (leave the Jokers in)
- Students sit opposite a partner and place 8 cards (face up) in a straight line between them
- All other cards are dealt out to the two players (face down)
- Dealer goes first
- Students turn over the top card from their pile and then look at the cards face up in the middle. If they can combine their card with one from the middle to 'Make Ten' - then they keep that pair. They then replace the missing card from the middle with one from their deck.
- If a Joker is turned over - it can be used to match any card in the middle - but the pair can only be taken if the student can correctly identify what number would Make Ten
- The first person to get rid of all their cards is the winner!
If you have any other great addition games you would like to share - please feel free to let us know and we will post them on our Blog.
or post a comment.